Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Club Services Officer is responsible for building effective “one on one” relationships with an assigned group of clubs and tasked to fully understand a club’s needs and priorities and work with the clubs to identify areas to build capability. The Club Services Officer will need to focus on four key objectives to significantly grow and enhance the sport of Sailing:
- Build relationships with the Clubs and Classes to develop their capabilities;
- The delivery of Australian Sailing services to clubs and class associations within the region;
- Deliver national programs to substantially grow participation in sailing across age groups;
- Deliver national training courses to enhance and improve the experience of participants.
This is a role that will evolve over time and be tailored to suit local requirements. Initially, the following tasks will be incorporated into the Club Services Officer role:
- Share best practice from the club network and sport
- Online service training with support from the central team
- Seek to increase the number of clubs delivering accredited training programs
- Support and provide input into the development of new resources for clubs as required
- Support club’s development and implementation of participation pathways
- Promote grants and funding opportunities and support clubs in application process
- Helping to develop clubs’ capabilities and capacity with regards to sport development and participation
- Support of Discover Sailing Centres including applications, annual reviews and renewals
- Coordinate the promotion of programs in conjunction with the Training & Education and Marketing & Communications teams
- Connect clubs to schools and other organisations to grow participation
- Support Discover Sailing Centre staff with training and induction
- Mentor Discover Sailing Centre instructors and principles
- Work with Discover Sailing Centres to maximise their growth potential and productivity
- You may also be designated projects related to State or National objectives.
Please read the full job description to learn more about the required attributes, knowledge and skills for the role.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- First Aid Certificate
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Drivers Licence
- Australian Sailing qualifications – Instructor, Coach or Official
- Background in sailing, either through club management, participation, competition, or industry
To apply for this role, please submit a one-page cover letter that addresses:
- Why you are the ideal person for the role
- How your experiences and qualifications align with the required role competencies
Please send the cover letter along with a copy of your CV to:
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Applications close 28th November 2021
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note: Short listing will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short listed.
Contact: Chris Tate, Head of Programs & People
Phone: 02 9170 6905