Reporting to the High Performance (HP) Director, the HP Operations & Logistics Manager is responsible for the operational logistics and administration of the Australian Sailing’s HP program with the goal of delivering world leading program support that best position Gold medal performances at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games and in building a sustainable medal winning system. The HP program includes both the Australian Sailing Team (AST) and Australian Sailing Squad (ASS).
As a member of the HP program’s Management Team, the HP Operations & Logistics Manager will work in close collaboration with the Technical Director, Performance Pathways Manager, Innovation & Technology Manager, Performance Support Manager and HP Director.
HP Program Administration
- The provision of leadership, management, campaign planning and coordination support services to AST and ASS level athletes, coaches, and national staff
- At the request of the HPD, produce reports regarding the AST/ASS Program and overarching AS HP program.
- Gather all pertinent information and complete all required forms and submissions for performance partners and World Sailing.
- Ensure that all information regarding AST/ASS athletes is kept up to date and appropriately accessible (i.e. Anti-Doping Whereabouts, etc.)
- Facilitate the development of HP documents (i.e. Athlete Agreements, Selection Criteria, operational forms, etc.)
- Facilitate planning and program co-ordination with key members of Performance Pathways Team.
- Facilitate communications amongst AST/ASS athletes, coaches, national staff, performance partners and volunteers.
- Oversee the development of budgets for individual class/crew campaigns, camps, competitions, and general AST/ASS athlete/coach domestic and international travel.
- Financial management of HP operations and logistics budget in consultation with HPD, and AS Chief Financial Officer
- Supervise the financial records of the AST/ASS program.
- Assist AS staff wherever possible at AS run events.
- Oversee and assist AS’s HP Program Coordinator, Operations & Logistics Coordinator, Rules Advisor and Project Officer.
- Oversee the purchase and sale of AST training and racing equipment in accordance with the approved budget.
- Prepare and submit a budget for National Training Centre (NTC) and AST capital expenditures (purchase and sale of equipment), annual equipment repair and provide progress report.
- Oversee and assist with program, materials and partnerships to support the orientation of athletes into AS’s HP system.
Australian Sailing Team (AST) & Squad
- Oversee all AST/ASS campaign planning and logistics regarding accommodation, food, and transportation for domestic and international training camps and competitions.
- Direct and lead the HP Coordinators in assisting AST/ASS athletes/coaches with preparations required for camps at the NTC and any other approved locations.
- Act as the administrative liaison point person for the AST Coaches and AST/ASS Athletes.
- When feasible, travel with the AST/ASS to training camps and competitions providing logistical support while on tour.
- Coordinate the AST/ASS’s equipment needs relating to AS’s suppliers and sponsors.
- Manage and oversee a uniform and clothing strategy for the HP Program.
- Ensure that AST/ASS entry forms for benchmark events (i.e. World Sailing and Olympic Games) are completed and forwarded to regatta organizing committees.
Team Environment & Culture
- NTC management: including operations, management of assets and equipment.
- In close collaboration with the Technical Director, create and manage an effective performance environment in Marseille for the Paris 2024 Olympic Sailing Team that enables optimal performance and delivers medal success
- Proactive contribution and strategic advice to the HP Management Team on all HP program related matters
- Consistently display and uphold AS values and the AST athlete initiated 5Rs: Resourcefulness, Respect, Resilience, Responsibility, & Results.
- In close collaboration with the Technical Director, oversee AST operations at key targeted events, including Olympic Games and Combined World Championships, Test Events (and other regattas as/where required)
Stakeholder & Membership Relations
- Attract, retain, develop, and manage world class people/team, planning and processes at gold medal standards (in partnership with the HPD and Technical Director)
- Direct and lead the HP Coordinators to ensure full and appropriate logistics are in place for all HP operations
- Assist national coaches to provide an effective European training and competition environment and DTE/camps for our AST/ASS sailors balancing performance preparation, health, and risk
- Co-create and manage on-the ground international travel protocols including critical incident management (pivoting where required)
- In collaboration with national coaches and national pathway manager, establish effective LA 2028 ‘bridging’ programs for targeted medal classes to retain and accelerate athlete development
- In consultation with key staff, manage AST/ASS selection processes, Olympic Selection, athlete agreements and campaign/crew budget allocations in consultation with the HPD.
- Effective management and coordination of the Athlete Advisory Group.
- Financially manage and monitor the HP operations budget in consultation with HPD, Technical Director and CFO.
- Maintain purposeful partnerships and effective relationships with priority international sailing HP professionals, key external partners, the HP Management Team and other AS staff that provide enabling services to the HP program.
The role is full-time.
For more information and to apply, click here: https://www.sportspeople.com.au/jobs/70317-high-performance-operations-logistics-manager-australian-sailing