Purpose of role
To work as part of a team to ensure that all QYC Vessels are maintained to the highest standard at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
Core objectives include:
- Liaise with Operations Manager and Dock Supervisor to follow day to day operational requirements
- Meet and greet charterers upon arrival and assist with luggage
- Undertake vessel checks reporting any issues
- Complete vessel repairs as needed
- Vessel preparation paying special attention to safety aspects
- Ensure a high standard of vessel presentation
- Minor gelcoat and fiberglass repairs
- Undertake preventative maintenance, or report as needed
- Slipping of vessels
- Undertaking Chase Calls as required
- Remove all dirty linen on return of vessel
- Remove all food and fridge items in accordance with the Leftover policy
- Maintain detailed records of works carried out
- Yacht deliveries to locations
Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
- Ensure safe work practices at all times in accordance with QYC/DYC and OH&S Guidelines and Policy
- Maintain a safe and tidy work environment
- Adhere to all QYC/DYC and Marina Code of Conduct and Safety policies
- Radio operations and basic administration as required
- Maintain a clean and presentable appearance and wear a clean and current QYC/DYC Uniform and Hat as provided and in accordance with OH&S regulations.
- Possess a Coxswains license and GBRMPA Briefers ticket
- Have extensive knowledge in all aspects of boating, sailing, and marine/vessel maintenance
Additional Qualifications Preferred
- Coxswain / MED / Master 5
- Briefers Ticket / Radio License / Current First Aid
- It would be expected that the employee would have had similar experience in the marine industry and be confident in performing the duties listed above without supervision
- The employee will have the knowledge required to undertake the duties in a confident and efficient manner. It would be expected that the employee will be willing to undertake any additional training required to perform in the position
Skills & Competencies
- Customer service focused: possess good communication skills and have a friendly and professional manner when dealing with charterers
- Communication: the ability to communicate professionally and effectively within the team and with external colleagues and stakeholders
- Attention to detail: it is essential that all works carried out by the maintenance team is of the highest standard and special attention is given to producing a quality finish/outcome
- Teamwork: it is essential that the team work cohesively and are willing to share knowledge, assist and support others as required to ensure that a job is completed with the best possible outcome
- Time management/organisation: given the workload can have stringent time constraints it would be expected that the employee will have excellent time management and organisational skills and have the ability to be self-motivated.
- Professional approach to your work and colleagues
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Proven organisational and time management skill
- Detailed orientated and work to high standard at all times
- Positive approach and willingness to adapt to change
- Ability to work to a flexible roster
- Hold a current Australian Drivers Licence
This job description outlines the scope and responsibilities of the position and is not intended to be a complete list of duties. You will be expected to perform other job-related tasks requested by management and as necessitated by the development of this role and the development of the business. You will be expected to attend staff meetings and regular performance reviews and conduct regular performance reviews of your team. You will be expected to attend staff trainings.
Salary and Conditions will be discussed at time of Interview.