Situated on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron (BYS) prides itself on being an all-inclusive club with a very relaxed family orientated culture – our motto is Family, Friendship, Sailing!
BYS is currently looking for a Sailing Coach and Boat Coordinator to join our Sailing team. Reporting through to the General Manager and working closely with the Marina staff the Sailing Coordinator is responsible for on-water racing and off-water race coordination. This includes the preparation and coordination of all race management, equipment, and patrol boat requirements ahead of Club racing and regattas.
This is a hands-on role within the Sailing Department at Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron.
This role involves:
- Leading on race management operations for Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron Club racing and regattas.
- Logistics of the Club patrol boat fleet requirements for Club racing activities, visiting regattas and Discover Sailing Centre activities.
- Maintain boat registration and requirements necessary for BYS / Australian Sailing Discover Sailing Centre accreditation and obligations.
- Contribute to the provision of excellent customer services to all user groups and stakeholders. This is a customer-facing role.
- Ensure all work is undertaken in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with BYS OH&S policies and procedures
Key Skills will include
- A good level of computer literacy and adaptability across multiple software
- Excellent communication and administration skills at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems in a confident and efficient manner.
- Well-presented, organised, and calm personality
- The ability to work public holiday and weekend periods
- Cert 1 Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 2) or Victorian Recreational Boat Licence and suitable maritime background desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Computer skills and familiarity with web-based systems
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- First class customer service
Experience in similar roles within sailing or other sporting organisations would be an advantage.
For further information about the role or to apply please email Andrew Cooper on with a cover letter and resume.