The Gove Boat Club is a not-for-profit community organisation based in East Arnhem Land, on the shores of Melville Bay in the Northern Territory.
We are seeking a Sailing Instructor from May to Oct 2022.
We have a club fleet comprising of 4 x FarEast19R, 10 x Lasers & 6 x Optis and are an accredited Discover Sailing Centre. If you love being out on the water or in nature, then Gove might just be the place for you.
- Australian Sailing Dinghy Instructor
- Australian Sailing Keelboat Instructor (or willingness to obtain)
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
Skills & Experience
- Experience in sailing dinghies and/or small keelboats
- Experience in club racing
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Focused on safety with ability to anticipate potential hazards and risks
- Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team
- Well presented, reliable and punctual
- Attention to detail and organised
- Sound level of fitness and ability to lift 25kg
- Casual position with guarantee of at least 30hr per week
- Award hourly rate based on age, qualifications, and experience.
- Uniform (shirt)
- Accommodation (1brm unit – no children/pets/roommates, electricity not included)
- Transportation assistance to and from scheduled shifts
- This is a flexible position working both weekdays and weekends during the day and evenings.
- Ensure a welcoming ambience is provided to all sail training participants.
- Respond to enquiries regarding the sail training and club sailing
- Assist club manager with course scheduling, bookings, and payments.
- Assist in the development of lesson plans in keeping with class content.
- Maintain sign-on/sign-off records.
- Provide participants with completed end-of-course paperwork (completed logbooks, participation certificates)
- Provide activity sessions on and off-water in all weather conditions to children and adults of all abilities
- Discover Sailing Experiences
- Australian Sailing Dinghy and Keelboat programs
- Womens sailing
- Corporate sailing
- Private lessons
- Participate and prepare for GBC Annual Regional Regatta (Oct).
- Ensure all boats, equipment and classroom facilities are set up and presentable for each course.
- Wash, pack-down and correctly store all equipment at the end of the day’s activities.
- Maintain sailing shed in a neat and tidy state.
- Ensure all Gove Boat Club yachts, dinghies and rescue craft remain compliant with Australian Sailing regulations.
- Carry out routine repairs and scheduled maintenance duties as directed by the Committee, ensuring all maintenance lists are completed and up to date.
- Prompt attention to operational faults with all GBC boats, plant, and equipment.
For more details and to apply contact: