Cruising Yacht Club of Australia (CYCA) is one of Australia’s premier yacht clubs and home to the iconic Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race.
We are seeking a person to do tender boat driving and assist the Operations Manager in ensuring the marina, Clubhouse and property of the CYCA facilities are presented to an agreed high standard. This person will be versatile, provide a very high standard of service for our Members and the broader sailing community.
This person will report to the CYCA Operations Manager and Marina Administrator.
- Tender driving and on-water services as required.
- Complete daily dock walks in the absence of the Marina Administrator .
- Follow the berthing plan as advised by the Marina Administrator and ensure visiting vessels adhere to the berthing plan in the Marina Administrator’s absence.
- Perform daily checks on Club assets including marina, Clubhouse and grounds as directed. Ensure the cleanliness of the marina and complete minor maintenance tasks as directed.
- Assist in preparation of race management equipment for sailing regattas.
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager assist with the placement and removal on race competitor’s yachts the ‘Yacht Tracker’ system for ocean racing events.
- Assisting the on-water race management team i.e. mark laying as required
- Assist with Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race preparations.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace and abide by workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as reasonably directed.
- Commercial Maritime Certification such as a Coxswains Grade 2 or Certificate or Master <24m NC.
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid.
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Experience and Skills
- Basic knowledge of Excel/Outlook/Word
- Work within a team and independently
- Basic computer skills
- Trade certificate or relevant industry experience – preferable
- Detailing Vessels
- Customer service experience is preferable.
This casual role has flexible working hours including weekends, public holidays, and NYE and will attract a salary commensurate to experience, staff uniform and staff benefits. Ideally the right candidate will be able to commence immediately.
If your skills and experience are suitable for the role, please email your cover letter and resume for review to: