Ocean Racing Club of Victoria (ORCV) is hosting a comprehensive education seminar to address crucial maritime topics affecting our local waters. With guest speakers from Ports Victoria, Safe Transport Victoria and the Victorian Water Police, this free seminar is a must for all recreational boaters who use Port Phillip Bay and navigate the Fairway Through Port Phillip Heads.
Wednesday 12th July 2023, 7:30 pm at Sandringham Yacht Club.
The seminar will focus on several critical topics, including:
- Role of Ports Victoria, the Harbour Master and Vessel Traffic Services
- Keep Clear safety campaign and Harbour Master’s Directions for recreational vessels in the port of Melbourne waters
- Importance of keeping clear of ships in the shipping channels
- Notices to Mariners
- Recent incidents with lessons learned
- The new Marine Safety Regulations regarding flares, VHF radios and changes to Lifejacket Standards
- Water Police’s marine search and rescue capabilities and their fleet of boats.
- Q and A session
Sandringham Yacht Club
Wednesday 12 July @ 7:30pm
Bookings are essential.Click here to book now!
For more information visit www.biavic.com.au
To keep up to date with all marine industry news visit www.marinebusinessnews.com.au