The International Council of Marine Industry Associations (ICOMIA) has released the latest edition of its Recreational Boating Industry Statistics. The ICOMIA Statistics Book, as the only product of its kind, provides a wealth of industry intelligence in one useful reference document. ICOMIA’s statistics are used extensively within the industry, especially by those interested in investing or seeking to work within certain sectors.
2020 has been an exceptional year with the Covid-19 outbreak, which has continued in 2021, creating a new norm. This has affected the boating sector, providing a demand spurt for leisure boats, resulting in significant increase in sales across the globe. However, the post-pandemic surge in sales has brought new challenges on board.
The comprehensive market overview features in-depth interviews with key industry professionals from different regions across the globe (Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America). It presents the current industry situation and addresses challenges and concerns such as demand and supply shocks, supply chain breakdowns, labour shortages, trade disruptions and a shortfall of boats storage.
For the first time this year, the analysis of data is carried out by Steven Miller and Edward Mahoney from Michigan State University. Both have a long track record of providing industry intelligence and quantifying economic benefits produced by the marine leisure sector. ICOMIA is particularly excited about the contribution they will make to improve the quality of this book going ahead.
The ICOMIA Statistics Book contains:
- 2021 global data snapshot & an overview of COVID-19 impact on the industry
- Detailed national reports on the industry’s largest market countries
- Global summaries of key product segments from 22 countries
- Export/import data for international trade in boats from 43 countries
- Marine engine statistics from ICOMIA’s Marine Engine Committee (IMEC)
- International Boat Show statistics (courtesy of the International Federation of Boat Show Organizers)
- The Status of The New Build Market Report (courtesy of The Superyacht Group)
- Industry articles selected by IBI Magazine
- Raw-data Excel spreadsheets to assist those carrying out more detailed research
The ICOMIA Statistics Book 2020 is available from the ICOMIA website for 830 euros. ICOMIA members and their members receive a 50% discount.
To view sample pages or order your electronic copy please go to the ICOMIA Library.