Garmin a world innovative and recognised marine electronics manufacturer, unveiled its flagship GPSMAP® 9000 chart-plotter series designed for captains who demand the best. Available with 19”, 22”, 24” or 27” touchscreen displays, these all-in-one chart-plotters offer stunning 4K resolution with edge-to-edge clarity, powered by a processor that’s seven-times faster than previous generations. Thanks to the new Garmin BlueNet™ gigabit network, these premium multi-function displays (MFDs) provide comprehensive connectivity throughout the vessel with faster networking speeds than ever before.
“For decades, mariners have been relying on Garmin’s GPSMAPs to help them navigate waters all over the world. Building on that success, we’re thrilled to unveil the 9000 series with bigger, best-in-class displays, lightning-fast processing speeds and the ultimate connected boating experience on the new Garmin BlueNet network.” –Dan Bartel, Garmin Vice President of Global Consumer Sales
Premium design and processing power
The 4K resolution GPSMAP 9000 series delivers a seamless and luxurious modern look with a maximised glass design. Available in 19”, 22”, 24” or 27” displays, the industry’s largest integrated touchscreen chart-plotter size, each MFD can be flat or flush mounted to create a stunning glass helm. For superior clarity and sunlight readability, these in-plane switching (IPS) touchscreen displays provide consistent, accurate colours that can be seen from all viewing angles, even with polarised sunglasses. And for the first time, anglers can see fish and sonar targets in stunning 4K high definition, too, by adding a Garmin GSD™ sonar module, Panoptix™ transducer or LiveScope™ sonar (transducers sold separately).
Offering seven times the processing power of the previous generations, the GPSMAP 9000 is quick and responsive and delivers Garmin’s fastest map drawing and Auto Guidance+™ routing. This premium processing power significantly benefits all onboard sensors like sonar, radar, cameras, video and digital switching, and enhances the user experience across the entire network.
Enhanced networking and connectivity
Utilising Garmin’s new BlueNet gigabit network, mariners can link the GPSMAP 9000 series with multiple chart-plotters, cameras, radars, sonars and more at 10 times faster networking speeds. Powered by BlueNet, the GPSMAP 9000 series offers enhanced multimedia streaming and seamless video integration, so onboard entertainment has never looked better. Users can even play and hear the same video throughout multiple screens and speakers on the network thanks to HDCP (high-bandwidth digital content protection) distribution. The 9000 series can also connect to compatible existing Garmin marine systems, including other GPSMAP chart-plotters, radars, autopilots, sensors and more via NMEA® 2000 and NMEA® 0183 networks, and built-in Wi-Fi® enables reliable wireless software updates via the ActiveCaptain® app with a compatible smartphone or tablet.
As the command center of the boat, the GPSMAP 9000 series offers easy and expansive integration capabilities with onboard systems, including:
- Engine monitoring lets captains keep tabs on engine data performance like rpm, speed, fuel flow, temperature, exceedance warnings and more.
- OneHelm™ integrated digital switching offers full support for the EmpirBus™ system and other third-party monitoring, control and automation solutions.
- Listen to music, enjoy a movie and get audio alerts with Fusion® audio and entertainment integration.
- Control and see footage directly on the chartplotter with extensive camera support; even get a live 360-degree bird’s-eye view of the vessel during low-speed maneuvers such as docking in a tight spot with Garmin’s Surround View Camera System (sold separately).
- Connect a GPSMAP 9000 chart-plotter with a compatible Garmin smartwatch for remote control of key MFD features including chart zoom, autopilot control and more, directly from the wrist.
- Use voice commands to control the chart-plotter through a compatible headset (not included).
- OEMs can customise the homepage layout and splash screen for a unique, branded look.
Expected to be available next month, the GPSMAP 9000 series has retail pricing starting at $16,999.00. A GPS 24xd position receiver and antenna with multi-band GPS is included with each MFD, which delivers precise location information and heading accuracy, even at slow speeds. To learn more, visit garmin.com/marine.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionised life for anglers, sailors, mariners and boat enthusiasts everywhere. Committed to developing the most innovative, highest quality, and easiest to use marine electronics the industry has ever known, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday.
For more information visit www.garmin.com