The world’s most exciting racing on water, SailGP, is coming back to Sydney Harbour on February 24 & 25, 2024. The high-tech, high-speed action features sailing’s best athletes from around the world battling it out in identical hydrofoiling F50 catamarans, flying at speeds approaching 100 km/h!
Aussie underwear sensation, Step One, is proud to announce they will be the new Official Underwear Partner of the KPMG Australia Sail Grand Prix I Sydney. Making sure the SailGP all staff & athletes are comfortable and stylish when they hit the water.
The smallest of details can make all the difference when it comes to who wins these high-speed, technical races on water. Therefore, a focus on quality design and functionality for on-water gear is of the utmost importance. Step One’s unique Ultraglyde® ANTI-CHAFE panels sit between the legs and have naturally breathable, moisture-wicking properties making them perfect for the demanding conditions the SailGP athletes and staff are exposed to during racing and in the boat park.
With SailGP also aiming to be the world’s most sustainable and purpose-driven sport, this makes for a perfect partnership with Step One as they continue to lead the way with their commitment and focus on sustainable manufacturing. In fact, Step One was the first apparel brand in Australia to achieve end-to-end FSC® Certification and the first to sign on to the Fashion Forever Green Pact
About the Partnership
- Step One is the Official Underwear Partner of the KPMG Australia Sail Grand Prix I Sydney for 2024
- All SailGP athletes competing will be provided with Step Ones to wick sweat away from the body, reduce chafing and using their viscose derived from Organically Grown FSC® grown Bamboo allowing them to focus on their race
- Step One has created a super Limited Edition pair to celebrate the partnership and all ticketholders will be able to collect a FREE pair at the Step One stand in the SailGP Village whilst stocks last
Why Step One
- Step One products are made from Viscose derived from Bamboo fabric that is antibacterial, anti-fungal and hypoallergenic.
- The naturally breathable, moisture-wicking properties are great for temperature regulation and quick drying moving sweat away from the body. Step One’s fabric is nearly twice as permeable as standard cotton underwear, meaning faster drying and more comfort.
- Step One’s unique Ultraglyde® anti-chafe panels prevent ride-ups and help to keep chafing at bay.
- Supportive 3D pouch in the men’s pairs holds everything in place.
- Step One sells a pair every 8 seconds. They also have over 50,000 5 Star Reviews Online.
Environment and Sustainability
- Step One is FSC® Certified, allowing them to trace the origin of every part of their supply chain and verify every part of the manufacturing process adheres to extremely strict regulations and ethical standards such as fair working conditions, no child and no forced labour.
- Step One’s Bamboo is sourced without any deforestation or destruction of natural habitats.
- Only rainwater is used to grow Step One’s.
- Step One even adds biological mold to any wastewater to ensure a fully closed loop and the water can be reused for irrigation.
- Packaging is certified home compostable according to Australasian Standard, AS5810
and European standard OK – Compost Home