Mobile Marine technician – Airlie Beach – Great incentive package – Mercury Experience preferred.
- Organisation:Whitsunday Outboard Centre
- Location:Airlie Beach / Cannonvale
Job Title: Mobile Marine Mechanic
Job Summary: As a Mobile Marine Mechanic with experience, your primary responsibility will be to diagnose, repair, and maintain marine engines and systems for our clients. You will be responsible for servicing a wide range of vessels, including boats, yachts, and other watercraft. This role is mobile, requiring you to travel to various locations to perform on-site repairs and maintenance. In addition to your base salary, you will have the opportunity to earn incentives based on your performance and customer satisfaction.
- Diagnostic Expertise: Conduct thorough inspections and diagnostic tests on marine engines, electrical systems, and mechanical components to identify issues and determine necessary repairs.
- Repairs and Maintenance: Perform a wide range of repairs and maintenance tasks, including but not limited to engine overhauls, gearbox repairs, electrical system troubleshooting, and plumbing repairs.
- Parts and Inventory Management: Maintain an inventory of necessary parts and equipment, ensuring that you have the required tools and materials to complete jobs efficiently.
- Customer Interaction: Provide excellent customer service by explaining repair options, timelines, and cost estimates to clients. Address customer concerns and questions professionally and courteously.
- On-Site Service: Travel to clients’ locations, which may include marinas, private docks, and waterfront properties, to perform on-site repairs and maintenance.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to all safety protocols and regulations to ensure a safe working environment and protect the safety of clients and team members.
- Documentation: Accurately document all repair and maintenance activities, including parts used, labor hours, and any additional recommendations for future service.
- Quality Control: Ensure that all repairs and maintenance work meets high-quality standards and is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Proven experience as a marine mechanic, with a minimum of  years in a similar role.
- Certification in marine mechanics or related field preferred. MERCURY EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with a wide range of marine engines, systems, and equipment.
- Ability to work independently and manage your own schedule.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to different job sites.
- Physical fitness and the ability to lift heavy objects and work in various weather conditions.
In addition to your base salary, you will have the opportunity to earn incentives based on the following performance criteria:
- Customer Satisfaction: Earn bonuses based on customer feedback, including ratings and reviews, with a focus on delivering outstanding service.
- Efficiency: Receive incentives for completing jobs within the estimated time frame, optimising productivity, and minimising downtime for clients.
- Sales and Upselling: Earn commissions for recommending and upselling maintenance packages, parts, or additional services to clients when appropriate.
- Safety: Maintain a safe work environment and adhere to safety protocols to reduce accidents and incidents.
- Training and Certification: Pursue ongoing training and certification to enhance your skills and knowledge in the field, with incentives for achieving and maintaining certifications.
This job description outlines the key responsibilities and qualifications for a Mobile Marine Mechanic with experience and includes an incentive plan to reward exceptional performance and customer satisfaction.
Please send email to or call 07 49467286