NSW Program Lead
- Organisation:Australian Sailing
- Location:Sydney, NSW
This is a leadership role based in NSW primarily focused on the Australian Sailing (AS) / NSW Institute of Sport (NSWIS) program. The role will also have another function in either providing supplementary coaching to the program or supporting the national program in a coach development capacity.
The successful candidate will play a key part in managing AS’s partnership with NSWIS in working with coaches and AS/NSWIS staff to optimise the daily training, camps, and regatta environments for NSWIS athletes. This individual will also play a critical role in ensuring that Sailing’s performance pathway is visible to all key stakeholders in the pre-emerging areas (e.g., clubs, parents, and class associations). The role will also monitor and support the identification, confirmation, and progression of youth talent towards the performance pathway in NSW, promoting good practice athlete and coach development while ensuring the system can clearly demonstrate progression and areas for development.
Australian Sailing is committed to protecting Children from harm. We require all applicants that will work with Children to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
In alignment with the NSW State Sailing Pathway Program (SSPP) objectives and strategy, primary responsibilities of the NSW Program Lead include (but are not limited to):
- Lead the NSWIS SSPP planning, delivery, and monitoring/review of the NSWIS SSPP including:
- Program planning, delivery and review aligned to AS strategy in collaboration with the PP Management Team and NSWIS.
- Drive and monitor the development of NSW athletes demonstrating progression aligned to our athlete development framework .
- Athlete selection, planning, inductions and monitoring (Campaign/IDPs) etc. – AST through to identified potential training partners as required.
- Coaching planning, delivery, and development support aligned to IDPs while supporting succession planning (including contract coaches).
- Collaborative SSSM delivery aligned to athlete development framework with regular reporting to foster integration and tracking of progression.
- Budget, in collaboration with Performance Pathways Coordinator prepare, manage, and review the NSWIS program budget.
- Lead stakeholder management plan to support building and maintain relationships with, but not limited to the following stakeholders:
- Our program partner NSWIS.
- Work closely with the state pathways coordinator to identify and connect with key clubs in NSW.
- Parents and athletes that demonstrate future potential SSPP inclusion.
- AS GMs and program managers where required.
- Undertake administrative responsibilities, including regular progress reports and operational/logistics meetings with AS, NSWIS or performance pathways staff in the timelines required.
- Participate in regular AST and/or AS Performance Pathway Team Meetings via video conference and/or in person where required.
- Work with relevant Performance Pathway staff to produce and action an agreed professional development plan (IDP).
- Work closely with the state pathways coordinator to support agreed underpinning camps, key youth regattas and/or other initiatives, aimed at strengthening and developing the pathway toward performance programs e.g. Any #Nextgen activity
- Attend and actively participate in identified sailing initiatives across the state to aid athlete and coach development within the underpinning club and class association network and inform talent identification for future NSWIS SSPP selections.
- Adhere to AS/NSWIS values and behaviours while operating within their environment.
- Adhere AS/NSWIS policies and guidelines and report any breaches to relevant bodies.
- Support the maintenance of all supplied equipment to the NSWIS program.
Potential Role Inclusion:
- Provide on water coaching support for NSWIS SSPP athletes and training partners in the local training environments, scheduled training camps, and at major state and national regattas as per agreed plan, or
- Support the Performance Pathways Team in the provision of coach development to our performance pathway coaches aligned to our Next Level Coach Development Framework
- Relevant Coaching Accreditation
- First Aid Certificate
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Drivers Licence
- COVID-19 Certificate or proof of vaccination status or a medical clearance as per the Public Health Order
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Australian Sailing Coach Qualification
- NSW Boat Licence
To apply for this role, please submit a one-page cover letter that addresses:
- Why you are the ideal person for the role
- How your attributes align with the required role attributes
Please send the cover letter along with a copy of your CV to:
Applications close 26th August 2022
Please note: Short listing will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short listed.
For more information, please contact:
Chris Tate, Head of People & Culture (02) 9170 6905